"The Current Market Aftershock"
Using an illustrated timeline, David Booth chronicles US stock market performance in four periods since World War II. His review suggests prevailing market sentiment is often wrong and that investors must stay disciplined through all market environments to pursue their long-term goals.
"The Economics Of Fiscal Deficits"
Many investors are concerned that rising government debt will stunt economic growth and hamper market returns. Marlena Lee examines historical data to test the relationships between fiscal deficits, interest rates, business activity, investment returns, and exchange rates. Her conclusions may surprise investors who are pessimistic about future market performance.
"Father of Modern Finance Weighs In"
- U. of Chicago finance professor Eugene Fama, widely known as the "father of modern finance," discusses whether the government is the biggest risk to economic recovery.
- Dimensional brings financial science to the practical world of investing.
- Research indicates that humans are not naturally wired for prudent, long-term investing.
"Government Intervention and Stock Returns"
- Should equity investors be alarmed by the prospect of greater government intervention in the US economy?
“What Should Investors Do Now?”
– Weston Wellington returns to the topic with a multi-part series on what investors should consider as they move forward.
“Vanguard Founder Gives Investment Tips”
– Washingtonpost.com video interview with Jack Bogle of Vanguard – 2/25/2009
“Stock Picking vs. Index Investing”
– From Yahoo! Video Tech Talk.
“Is It Different This Time?”
– Weston Wellington, DFA VP, offers perspective on the 2008 bear market.
“Noble Thinkers: Theory, Practice and Implementation”
– The American Finance Association and Dimensional Fund Advisors present a documentary on the work and ideas of five recipients of the Nobel Prize in Economics.